Ghorepani- Poonhill Trek
This trek follows part of the famous Annapurna Circuit itinerary and reaches the Mustang border, by Kag Beni. North of Pokhara,Nepal's spectacular diversity appears at its finest. The deep valleys and high mountains encircling the giant Annapurna Himal embrace a wide range of peoples and terrain, from subtropical jungle to a high, dry landscape resembling the Tibetan Plateau. This route is an exceptional way to discover all aspects of the Himalayas, and is the only low altitude passage between the northern and southern Himalayas. Dry, desert highlands are followed by rich green forests. The mountain viewing is brilliant and various ethnic groups of Nepal can be encountered along the way.
Day to day itinerary
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu airport, meet our staff then transfer to Hotel.
Day 02: Full Day City Sight seeing; Swayambhunath, Bouddhanath, Pashupatinath Temple and Patan Durbar square.
Day 03: Kathmandu - Pokhara by tourist Bus then transfer to Hotel. .
Day 04: Ghorepani - visit Poon hill (3195m) - Tatopani (1190m), trek 7 hrs
Day 05: Tirkedhunga - Ghorepani (2855m), trek 6 hrs
Day 06: Ghorepani - visit Poon hill (3195m) - Tatopani (1190m), trek 7 hrs
Day 07: Tatopani - Ghasa (2010m), 6 hrs
Day 08: Ghasa - Tukuche (2590m), 6 hrs.
Day 09: Tukuche - Kagbeni (2810m), 6hrs
Day 10: Kagbeni - Muktinath (3802m), 5 hrs.
Day 11: Muktinath - Jomsom (2720m), 6 hrs
Day 12: Jomsom - Pokhara, fly (30 mins)
Day 13: Drive or fly back to Kathmandu.
Day 14: Transfer to airport for onward journey.
The above price includes :
- Airport pick up & transfer by car / Van / Bus.
- 3 nights accommodation with breakfast at 4 star deluxe hotel in Kathmandu.
- Kathmandu City Tours inclusive of all entry fees, tour guide, car / van.
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee during the trek.
- Accommodation during the trek.
- 1 highly experienced, helpful and friendly Guide, porters (1 porter for 2 people), their food, accommodation, salary, equipments, insurance.
- All ground transportation
- First Aid medical kit.
- ACAP permit and Trekking Permit
- Trekker's Information Management System (TIMS).
- Government taxes.
- Office Service charge.
The above price doesn’t include:
- Any meals in Kathmandu other than breakfast.
- Travel insurance (if you want us to arrange your travel insurance, we would greatly be happy to assist). For detail information regarding the travel insurance, please contact us
- International air fare to and from Nepal.
- Nepal Tourist Visa fee US$ 25 or equivalent foreign currency with multiple entry for 15 days, US$ 40 or equivalent foreign currency with multiple entry for 30 days. You may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
- Items of a personal nature.
- Any kind of alcoholic drinks, hot water, hot shower, cold drinks, laundry, phone call, internet.
- Trekking Equipments (down sleeping bag and down jackets are available to hire or buy in Kathmandu, which would cost approximately US$ 1 per day per item to hire and US$ 60 to US$ 100 per item to buy).
- Tips for guide, porters, driver..
- Expenses occurred due to unavoidable Events i.e. road wrecks, flight delays etc.
Book This trip Inquiry Us Tell to Friend(s)
Nepal Student Holidays